Dollar Shave Club have asked me how do I shave time or money?
Well for me it has to be money, I shave money wherever I can and we are currently teaching our children to do the same.
Homeschooling means you suddenly end up inundated with “stuff”. The type of stuff that you don’t really want or need but the kids can’t bring themselves to get rid of and well it just might come in.
So I have given them the challenge of downsizing their “stuff” collection and keeping the rest in the loft to see how they get on. It is also a great life lesson, teaching them they don’t need to be surrounded by shelves and shelves full of things they don’t really need to be happy.
My top 5 tips for shaving money are…
- Re-use. Sounds simple but you often forget that most things can have a dual purpose. For example that old chest of drawers can become a garden plater and the drawers can be under bed storage.
- New can be new to you. Charity shops, freegle and ebay are all great places to find the things you need for a fraction of the cost or for free especially furniture.
- Borrow instead of buying. Do you have a special occasion coming up? Want that stunning dress but you know you will never wear it again? Then ask your friends of the same size if they have anything you can borrow, you will only wear it a few hours and it hasn’t cost you a penny apart from offering the same in return.
- Make it yourself. Trends change like the weather and we all like to keep up with them but you don’t have to spend a fortune to be a trend setter, simply recreate the look you want with things you already have.
- Do it yourself. Need a room decorating? new carpet laying? We all have those odd jobs we put off because we wither can’t do it ourselves or can’t afford to but we all know someone that knows how to put up a shelf or they know someone who does, simply offer a service they can’t do themselves in return for one you can’t. It will broaden your circle and you will soon get through all those pesky jobs. Alternatively check out youtube for DIY videos on just about anything!
What would be your favourite way to shave money?
At Dollar shave Club it’s really simple to save money, simply select one of their great razors, pay one low monthly fee and they will be delivered straight to your door, no fuss, no worries and no forgetting!
*This post was inspired by Dollar Shave club*